• Selling or letting?

    Looking to sell or let your property? Find your local property expert with Val247.

  • Simple & free

    Enter your location to find your local property expert. Val247 is free to use.

  • Local expertise

    Find local estate agents who are based in your area - who know your area

Choose your level of service.

TENANT FIND ONLY is for those landlords who are keen to manage their own properties. Your agent will organise all the marketing for you to ensure that your property reaches the widest possible audience and take care of the paperwork that goes with setting up a tenancy, handing it over to you once everything has been signed and your tenants are in situ.

TENANT FIND & RENT COLLECTION means the agent will find the tenant and collect the rent but all other matters will be dealt with by the landlord.

FULL MANAGEMENT means the agent takes care of everything to do with the letting from start to finish and will only involve the landlord if something out of the ordinary needs their decision. For new or less experienced landlords, full management is often the service level of choice for peace of mind. Full management is also Ideal for the busy or overseas Landlord.

Get your property rent - ready.

Decide whether you want to let your property furnished or unfurnished. If you can, offer both options, as this means your agent can market it to a wider audience. In terms of decorating and soft furnishings, keep it fresh and neutral. A well-maintained, clean property will attract good tenants..

The safety of your tenants is very important, so make sure you have a Gas Safety check every year and get all electrical equipment tested once a year too. Your rental property should be fitted with smoke alarms throughout.

By law, you will need an EPC (energy performance certificate) for your rental property. Your estate agent can help you to organise this. You won't be able to market the property without one, so get it sorted as soon as possible - they're valid for 10 years.

It's a really good idea to get a professional inventory taken at the start and end of each tenancy. Your estate agent will be able to manage this for you. It can help with any disputes that may arise when a tenant moves out.